*Block* Thinking For Higher Commercial Returns

  Australia’s a funny country. They reckon property is a national pastime, yet only something like 6% of the country actually invest in property. Of that 6%, it’s only around 1% have more than 1 investment property. So what are the other 99% of Australians doing if property is a national pastime? My guess? Watching telly. They are watching ‘the block’ and ‘renovation rescue’ etc They are going down to Bunnings and buying tools so they can do little renovation jobs around the house. Even …

The 6 Lease Clauses That Will Get You Total Peace Of Mind

Most of my students have come across to commercial from residential investing, and it takes some education to make that switch.   This is especially important when it comes to leases.   Commercial leases differ from residential lease agreements in that they are less standardised and there is usually much more room for negotiation.   It’s where you can get really creative, so you definitely don’t want to leave it to a managing agent to give your new tenant a boilerplate lease.   As a …

Converting Commercial Into Residential – What?

  Part of owning an investment property is working out how to get the best returns in any given market conditions.   Sometimes that means actually converting a commercial property into a residential property. So how can you take advantage of this trend?   In the words of one of the world’s most successful commercial real estate developers, Donald Trump; “If you’re thinking already, you might as well think big.”   At least that’s one his more quotable quotes. (There are plenty of others I’d …